The Scheme of “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” for Meritorious Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls belonging Minorities” and the same was launched by the then Prime Minister of India (late) Atal Bihari Vajpayee at National Conference of Educational & Economic Development of Minorities held on 03.05.2003 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National scholarship:
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2022 was earlier known as Maulana Azad National Scholarship. This scheme was initially launched on 3rd May 2003 by the Late Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee during a National Conference of Educational & Economic Development of Minorities held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The main aim of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to meritorious girl students. This scheme will sponsor the studies of those students who are unable to pursue their studies due to a lack of finance.
|Name Of Scholarship||Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship|
|Name of the department||Maulana Azad Education Foundation|
|Ministry||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India|
|Launched by||Late Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Launched on||3rd May 2003|
|Benefits||Girls of Minority Community|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Category||Central government scheme|
|Official Website||bhmnsmaef.org or scholarships.gov.in|
Bhmnsmaef Important Dates
|Scheme Closing Date||15th November 2022|
|Defective Application Verification Date||31st November 2022|
|Institute Verification||31st November 2022|
|DNO/SNO/MNO Verification||31st November 2022|
To recognize, promote and assist girl students belonging to National Minorities who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support.
Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipments required for the course and payment of Boarding/Lodging charges.
Announcement Of Scheme
The scheme will be announced by the concerned State/Union Territory Administration well in time, by giving advertisements in the leading language newspapers and local dailies/vernacular and by using other suitable publicity media.
Mode Of Applying
The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.
Amount Of Scholarship
Amount of scholarship will be provided Rs.5000/each for Class IX & X and Rs.6000/-each for Class XI & XII.
Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis have been notified as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. The distribution of scholarship among the States/Union Territories will be made on the basis of population of the above notified minorities in the States/ Union Territories of Census 2011.
The selection of eligible students is based on the %age of marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exam and parent’s/ guardian’s annual income. Merit lists are prepared for selection of students based on the marks obtained in qualifying exam. State-wise-community-wise quota is fixed on the basis of minority population of the state in accordance to 2011 Census.
Earmarking For Balance Quota
Out of total scholarships each State/UTs will be allocated a fixed number of scholarships quota on the basis of the population of the minorities’ in the concentrated area, for which population figures as per 2011census may be relied upon. In case sufficient number of eligible application are not available from any State/ UTs/Community, then its balance quota will be allocated to the same community of other State/UTs from where eligible applications have been received.
- (i) Only girl students belonging to six notified Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis are eligible.
- (ii) Scholarship will be awarded to minorities’ girl students who are studying in Class 9th to 12th, and have secured at-least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in previous class/qualifying exam.
- (iii) Annual income of student’s parent/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
- (iv) An Income certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UTs Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- (v) A self-Certified community Certificate is required from a student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified parent/guardian of the student is required.
- (vi) If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- (vii) If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Govt.
- (viii)The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- (ix) A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
- (x) Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family of the same class.
- (xi) No scholarship shall be given for studies abroad for any course.
- (xii) There are no fees/charges for either online application form or for any other service in this regard.
- (xiii) Students who have entered Aadhaar in their online application correctly and Aadhaar seeded with any of their bank account, in such cases the amount of scholarship will be credited to Aadhaar seeded bank account only (though student has mentioned any other non-seeded bank account in online application).
Instructions Related To Bank Account Details (To Be Filled By The Students In Online Application Form Are As Under):
- (i) Students must select their bank/branch name carefully from the drop down list.
- (ii) Thereafter the complete account no. must be entered correctly. Students are suggested to get their account number verified by their concerned Bank Branch including Bank account number and IFS Code.
- (iii) Disclaimer (*If bank details entered by students are found incorrect or not validated by the student’s bank, the scholarship will be cancelled/amount will not be transferred even though the application is approved for scholarship).
- (iv) Bank Account holders must check their ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) status from bank and if required the KYC must be done for successful transaction of scholarship amount.
- (v) Bank Account must be operational/active till the scholarship is disbursed.
- (vi) Bank Account must be preferably in any scheduled Bank with core banking facility and proper IFS Code.
- (vii) Bank Account must be in the name of either the student or a joint account of student with either mother or father or a legal guardian only.
Renewal Of Scholarship:
No applications for renewal of scholarships will be entertained. Since the applications are open for all classes, i.e. from 9th to 12th, the beneficiaries will have to apply afresh for each class.
Mode Of Transfer Of Amount Of Scholarship:
Amount of scholarship will be credited to the Beneficiary Bank Account directly under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
Students Already Getting Scholarship:
Student getting scholarship under any scholarship scheme, being implemented by the Central/State Government shall not be eligible to get scholarship under this scheme.
Cancellation Of Scholarship:
Scholarship shall be deemed discontinued with any gap of academic session in studies at any time due to any reason; the awarded scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. ii. No claim for fresh/renewal of scholarship will be entertained from those applicants who have failed to submit their application in the prescribed time limit. iii. If student is found to have obtained scholarship by false statement/certificates, scholarship will be cancelled and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government/UTs Administration.
Changing In Rules:
All rules are subject to change from time to time, as and when required, which will be binding on all.
Through this article, we have provided all the important details regarding the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship. If you are still facing any kind of problem then you can contact me on 011-23583788/ 011-23583789 or email at [email protected]
Nodal Agency Address Of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Maulana Azad Campus, Chelmsford Road, Opposite New Delhi Railway Reservation Centre, New Delhi, 110055
What is Official Website of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship?
Bhmnsmaef.org or scholarships.gov.in
What is Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is a national level scholarship for minority community girl students. Introduced by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India, this scheme supports the education of girl students studying in Class 9 to 12. This scheme was earlier known with the name of Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls.
Who can apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
The scholarship is open for minority community girl students who are studying in Class 9 to 12. They are required to have obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in the previous qualifying examination. Also, the annual income of the family should be less than INR 2 lakh per annum from all sources.
Who are eligible for Maulana scholarship?
Only girl students belonging to six notified minority communities i.e Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Janis, Parsis. Minority girl students studying in class 9th to 12th and must have secured a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent in the previous class.