NSP Pre-Matric Post-Matric Scholarship: The national scholarship portal creates a NSP Pre Matric Scholarships for Minority for minorities and the students from class 1st to class 10th this scholarship is offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs which is under the Government of India. This scholarship will be awarded especially to the people who are residing in the economically backward section of society. The students will be able to take benefit from this scholarship scheme and they will be able to take into account proper education.
NSP Pre-Matric Post-Matric Scholarship: Details
|Name of the portal||National Scholarship Portal|
|Launched by||Central Government of India|
|Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India|
|NSP Scholarship Apply Start Date||20 July 202|
|Apply Last Date||Till 15 Nov 2022 (Pre matric)Till 30 Nov 2022 (Post matric)(Extended)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Apply Online Link||scholarships.gov.in|
Benefits Of NSP Pre Matric Scholarships for Minority
The applicant will be provided with the following benefits available to them if they are eligible for the scholarship program:-
- Admission fee for Class 6 to 10 (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 500 per annum
- Tuition fee for Class 6 to 10 (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 350 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 100 per month for Classes 1 to 5
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 600 per month for Hostellers and INR 100 per month for Day Scholars.
National Scholarship Important Links
|NSP All Other Schemes New Registration||Click Here|
|NSP Only SC Category Scheme New Registration||Click Here|
|NSP All Other Schemes Renewal 2022-23||Click Here|
|NSP Only SC Categories Schemes Renewal 2022-23||Click Here|
PM Kisan 13th Installment: Registration, Status check, Release date and time.
The applicant will be selected by the national scholarship portal by following the following selection criteria:-
- Fresh Application –
- Weightage will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
- Renewal Application –
- The scholars will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if they have obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute. The applicants’ application must be verified by all authorities (as designated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
The applicant must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for the pre-matric Scholarship program:-
- Student Photograph
- Residential/Domicile certificate
- Verification Form to be provided by the Institution
- Fee Receipt of the current course year
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT Government
- A self-certified community certificate from the applicant who has attained 18 years of age (Note – For minors/below 18 years of age the community certificate certified by a parent/guardian is required.)
- Self-attested marksheet indicating that the applicant has secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at a higher secondary/graduation level
- Bank account number of the student with the IFSC Code of the bank branch (Note – The students who do not have their own bank account, parents/guardian can provide their own account details).
- Aadhaar number of the student and if aadhaar is not available then bonafide student certificate from the school/institute and scanned copies of bank passbook and aadhaar enrolment ID (if applied for aadhaar)
- Bonafide student certificate from School/Institute (Note – If School/Institute is located in a State/UT different from domicile State/UT of the applicant.)
- The format of the file documents must be.pdf and .jpeg and the size of each document should not exceed more than 200 kb.
Schedule Of Central Sector Scheme
|Particulars||Scheme closing date||Defective verification||Institute verification|
|Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for minorities||15th November 2022||15th December 2022||15th December 2022|
|Post Matric Scholarship scheme for minorities||30th November 2022||15th December 2022||15th December 2022|
|Merit cum means scholarship for professional and Technical courses||30th November 2022||15th December 2022||15th December 2022|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National scholarship||30th November 2022||15th December 2022||15th December 2022|
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions in order to be eligible for the national scholarship portal pre-matric scholarship:-
- 30% scholarship is reserves for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT.
- The continuance of award (for renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination.
- The scholarship will not give to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may suspend or cancel. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied with the reasons for violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtaine a scholarship by false statement, the scholarship will be cancel forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will recover by the concern State/UT Govt.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not allow to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- A student will be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available scholarships of the Central Government for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
- The scheme will evaluate at regular intervals by the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry and the cost of the evaluation will be borne by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the provision of the scheme.
- The State/Union Territory shall place all relevant details of financial and physical achievements on their website.
- The rules and regulations can change at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The amount of scholarship will credit to the aadhaar seeded bank account only.
- It will be necessary for the eligible applicants to provide an aadhaar number while applying for the scholarship and in case, an individual does not possess an aadhaar one can provide the details of alternative identification documents.
- Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
- Phone Number – 01206619540
- Email Id – [email protected].
NSP Login Session Link
|NSP Login 2022-23 (Fresh)||Click Here|
|NSP Login 2022-23 (Renewal)||Click Here|
Do’s and Don’ts on While Apply Online National Scholarship
Do’s For NSP Scholarship Form
- Read the guidelines carefully: Applicants are required to read the guidelines of scholarship very carefully. The eligibility criteria, application guidelines, ineligibility etc are to be read very carefully in order to avoid any confusion in the next stage.
- Deadline should be tracked carefully: The deadline of the scholarship has to be tracked very carefully. Applicants should keep in mind the last date of the application while planning to apply for any scholarship.
- Documents to be kept handy: All the documents like identity proof, address proof, income proof, bank account details etc have to be kept handy before filling the application form. The application remains incomplete without all the required documents. The applicants are also advised to keep a soft copy of all the documents in their devices so that a hassle-free application process can be ensured.
- Proofread the application form: Before submitting the application the applicants are required to proofread the application and check every detail before final submission. Some scholarships do not allow correction after submission. Due to incorrect information sometimes your scholarship can also get rejected
- Copy of submitted application should be kept: Keep the copy of the submitted application with you so that you can track its status. Applicants are required to make sure that the mobile number and email ID provided in the application form are working as the scholarship provider may contact for further selection or confirmation.
- Fill application form yourself: Always try to fill the information in the scholarship form by yourself as it will reduce the chances of filling any kind of wrong information
Don’ts For NSP Scholarship Form
- Incomplete information should not be submitted: Never submit incomplete application forms. If the applicant has submitted an incomplete application form then his or her application will be rejected. As it is the responsibility of the applicant to submit complete application form by entering all the mandatory details.
- Misleading information sources should be avoided: Avoid all the misleading information sources while applying for a scholarship. Get information from the trusted sources only. Always apply for the scholarship through the official website. For information purposes, different websites can be referred but applications must only be filled through the official website.
- Keep login details secret: Applicants are required to keep their login details secret. Sharing your login details too many people may result in your scholarship getting rejected.
- Avoid misleading information: Always fill the clear and concise information in the Application Form as misleading information will result in your application getting rejected. The provider considers all the information entered by you correct but if any information filled by you is found incorrect or misleading then your scholarship can get rejected.
- Never wait for the last date: Always fill the application form before the last date in order to avoid any last-minute hassles. Sometimes the official portal stops working on the last day due to heavy traffic on the website. As a result of which you will not be able to submit the application. So all the applicants are advised to fill the application form before the last date.
NSP Pre-Matric Post-Matric Scholarship: FAQ
Who Can Apply through National Scholarship Portal 2022? The meritorious students of SC, ST, OBC, and other reserved categories can apply for NSP 2022 pre matric and post-matric scholarships. Single girl children can apply for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship offered by UGC through the National scholarship portal login
If successfully verified, the scholarship amount will be directly credited to the account of the student through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT)
For renewal of scholarship in each year of study, besides getting at least 50% marks in the Annual Examination, maintenance of adequate attendance of at least 75%, will also be the criteria.
Pre – Matric Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship scheme is for students studying from Class 1st to Class 10th. 2.2 Post – Matric Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship scheme is for students studying from Class 11th, 12th and above which includes Courses like ITI, B.SC, B. Com., B. Tech, Medical etc
The scholarship at pre-matric level will encourage parents from minority communities to send their school going children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education.
Step 1: Visit the official website of PFMS. Step 2: Click on the ‘Track NSP Payments’ section. Step 3: Fill in all required details like bank name, account number and NSP application ID. Step 4: Enter the word verification (captcha) and click on the ‘Search’ button.
The applications for all these central schemes generally start in the month of July/August and continue till the month of December/January. For the academic year 2022-23, the application deadline for central schemes on NSP is 30th September 2022.